Protera Commitment and Response to COVID-19
On behalf of the entire team at Protera, I hope you and your loved ones are well during these uncertain times.
I want to reassure our valued customers, whom we have the privilege of serving, that we are continuing to operate at normal capacity.
Our culture of innovation and preparedness makes us uniquely positioned to continue to serve you (watch the video interview of our President and CTO Patrick Osterhaus on the topic of innovation). The current situation has had no impact on operations, nor do we foresee any material changes to our business as a result.
- Protera currently has no operational issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are able to operate remotely in all regions at full capacity. Access to Protera tools and customer systems has not been impacted. To date there have been no shortages of resources due to illness and all precautions have been taken to ensure our staff are protected at all times.
- Protera has not needed to revise any project timelines due to the virus or any imposed or recommended guidelines mandated by local, regional or federal authorities.
- At this point the risks we are monitoring are:
- Staff shortages due to illness: Protera has instructed all its employees to work from home and practice social distancing in order to minimize this risk. We have a very strong local management team in each of our regional centers that have taken significant precautions to avoid any risk at the very early stages of this pandemic and on an ongoing basis in accordance with local, country and international guidelines.
- Network connectivity and bandwidth requirements: As the global workforce shifts to a work from home strategy, remote access and the underlying infrastructure and services needed to ramp up to be able to allow for a similar experience. We have proactively scaled our connectivity and bandwidth as part of our business continuity planning, and we have had many CIOs request the same.
- Infrastructure and Platform: With offices around the world and our ‘follow the sun’ delivery model, we continue to ensure uninterrupted availability and support and are following our business continuity plans to stay prepared during this and all times.
- Key steps in Protera’s action plan include:
- Review and confirm Business Continuity Plans (BCP) and processes for both customer and internal systems are in place and updated
- Rapid provisioning of Recovery as a Service (RaaS) for new customers, we’re able to get these up and replicating in less than a week
- Provision or scale-up Connectivity for our customers including access and licenses, regional and global connectivity capabilities.
- Use of Public Cloud Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Services (VDI) with customer images to maximize bandwidth allocation and enhance work from home capabilities leveraging the benefits of the cloud.
- Using the many capabilities of the Protera FlexBridge Digital Transformation Platform which include automation, managed worklists, dashboard based team strategies and activities and a variety of additional enablers, customers can move typical SAP transformation projects into a Kanban-style work plan and execute in a much more organized and efficient fashion virtually.
- Running SAP systems under the Protera AppCare Platform. We’ve been doing this safely and securely for years and hundreds of customers, if you are unable to manage or support any of your critical business systems, reach out to us to talk about how we can move these systems under our 24×7 fully managed and resilient AppCare platform.
The Protera Management team remain fully engaged, monitoring the situation actively and is available to you at all times.
Please watch my video interview where I discuss what I’m hearing from you and the steps we are taking to ensure your SAP systems continue to run optimally to support your business. Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out using the form below.
We are here for our customers, our employees, and the SAP community to ensure stability and complete support in this time of need.
Senior Vice President, Operations