What Personal Data does Protera collect?
When visiting our websites, inquiring about our Services, requesting marketing information, registering for an assessment or applying for a job online, as appropriate you may be asked to enter certain Personal Data, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, company name or other personal details, to help us respond to you and to help you with your experience.
Why does Protera collect Personal Data?
Protera collects Personal Data primarily to provide a customized response to our visitors and business contacts, a customized experience to our Services’ end users, and for our own business purposes. Protera collects information, of which some can be considered Personal Data, in different ways from Visitors, Business Contacts and Customers who access the various parts of our Websites, Online features, Services and Applications. Generally, we do not share this information with third parties. However, we may disclose personal information collected if we have received your permission beforehand or in very special circumstances, such as when we believe that such disclosure is required by law or other special cases described below.
How does Protera collect Personal Data?
In most cases, Protera collects personal data directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Data when you interact with us, such as contacting us through our websites for sales inquiries, requesting information on our company, signing up to receive a report, newsletter or marketing communications, requesting access to one of our online Services applications, requesting technical support, or submitting your resume. For instance:
- Business contact or End-user related information is collected in association with use of our Services such as your name, company’s name, business telephone number, business email address, and business title. This Personal Data is not shared with third parties.
- Job applicant information is collected from our online job application process. We collect your name, address, email address, telephone number and the information contained in your resume. This Personal Data might be shared with third parties to further the job application process.
- Visitor information is collected through your online interaction with Protera through one of two methods:
- You contact us through the use of the Contact Us page on our websites and you provide your name, company name, email address, work phone, and cell phone.
How does Protera use Personal Data?
We strongly believe in both minimizing the Personal Data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that: (1) for which we have been given permission by you; (2) as necessary to deliver the Services you are entitled to; or (3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes. Therefore, Protera uses Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Business purposes for Personal Data pertaining to Professionals with whom Protera has a business relationship may be used as needed:
- To initiate, assess, develop, maintain, or expand a business relationship, including negotiating, contracting, and fulﬁlling obligations under contracts;
- For due diligence regarding the Individual’s qualiﬁcations and eligibility for the relationship, including verifying the identity, qualiﬁcation, authority, and creditworthiness of the Professional and obtaining publicly-available information from third parties (such as screening companies);
- To send transactional communications (such as requests for information, responses to requests for information, orders, conﬁrmations, and service updates);
- For account management, accounting, ﬁnance, and dispute resolution purposes (such as accounts receivable and accounts payable) and for reporting;
- To assure quality control and to enforce company standards and policies;
- For risk management and mitigation, including for audit and insurance functions, and as needed to license and protect intellectual property and other assets; and
- For security management, including monitoring Individuals with access to Protera’s websites, applications, systems, or facilities, investigation of threats, and as needed for any Data Security Breach notiﬁcation.
- Protera may use Personal Data to develop and improve our products and/or services, and for research, analytics, and business intelligence.
- Protera may use Personal Data for relationship management and marketing. This purpose includes sending marketing and promotional communications to individuals who have not objected to receiving such messages as may be appropriate given the nature of the relationship, such as product and service marketing, customer communications, customer satisfaction surveys, supplier communications, and Protera news.
- Protera may use your Personal Data to communicate with you. We may contact you regarding products or services you have expressed an interest in. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you will find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests.
- Protera uses Personal Data for secondary purposes such as:
- Disaster recovery and business continuity, including transferring the information to a storage facility;
- Internal audits or investigations;
- Implementation or verification of business controls;
- Statistical or historical research;
- Dispute resolution;
- Compliance with laws and company policies; and
- Insurance purposes
Why and how does Protera disclose Personal Data?
Protera does not provide Personal Data to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We limit the sharing of Personal Data to the following:
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties that we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of a legal process.
- Sharing with Trusted Third Parties. We may share your Personal Data with third parties with which we have partnered to allow them to integrate their services into our own Services and with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf.
These third parties are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilizing, sharing, or retaining your Personal Data from any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
- Special Cases. It is Protera’s policy not to use or share Personal Data in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, the Company may disclose Personal Data, or information regarding your use of the Services or websites accessible through our Services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy laws, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms and Conditions or other user policies; to operate the Services properly; or to protect the company, our customers, and business contacts.
Cookies and Analysis
Cookies. When you visit our websites or use our online applications, Protera collects certain information by automated means through a technology known as cookies. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Therefore, when you visit the Protera websites, the cookies are downloaded to your computer, tablet or mobile device. The cookies that Protera uses allow us to enable our websites’ core functionality and to analyze our websites’ usage so we can measure and improve performance.
You can control how cookies are placed on your devices and opt-out of having cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies and other privacy settings that may be available. However, if you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Analysis. Protera uses Google Analytics as a tool for analyzing our websites’ usage. We implemented Google Analytics by adding the Google Analytics Tracking Code to every page of the Protera websites. This tracking code is basically a cookie that is downloaded to and runs in your browser when you visit any of the Protera websites’ pages. The tracking code collects certain data and sends it to a Google data collection server. Google Analytics collects the following types of Personal Data:
- Online identifiers including cookie identifiers
- Internet protocol addresses and device identifiers
- Client identifiers
For information on how Google Analytics uses the data it collects, please visit the following site: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
International Data Transfers
How you can control, revise or delete your Personal Data
Protera respects your right to control, revise or delete your Personal Data, or object to the processing (if any) of your Personal Data. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Data in the following manners:
- Opting in or out of additional communications from Protera by checking the associated box on forms used within our websites.
- Revoking your consent at any time, if you have previously agreed to our use of your Personal Data.
To exercise any of the individual rights afforded to you by applicable data protection laws and regulations, including asking for a copy of your Personal Data, please contact the Protera Data Protection Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us at the addresses listed in the How to Contact Us section below.
Applying for a job on our site
If you apply for a job through the Protera website, we, or a human resources company assisting us, may ask you to provide self-identifying information (such as gender, marital status, and ethnicity) in conjunction with laws and regulations enforced by local government and regulatory agencies. Providing self-identifying information is voluntary, but if you do provide us with that information, we may submit it to the local government and regulatory agencies for business-related purposes, including responding to information requests, fulfilling regulatory reporting requirements, and defending against employment related complaints.
How we secure, store and retain your data
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Your personal information is contained behind secured and all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We retain Personal Data only for as long as necessary to provide services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- Mandated by law, contract or similar obligation applicable to our business operations;
- For preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- Needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your Personal Data, you can contact us team at email@example.com.
Our services are available for purchase only by legal entities or individuals who are over the age of 18. Our services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by, or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provide us with any Personal Data, please contact us team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Authority
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and believe we maintain your Personal Data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our lead supervisory authority, the Hellenic Data Protection Authority as noted below:
Hellenic Data Protection Authority
Kifissias 1-3, 115 23 Athens, Greece
Call Centre: +30-210 6475600
Fax: +30-210 6475628
How to Contact Us
- For non-EEA Customers or Residents:
Protera Technologies, Inc.
Attn: Data Protection Team
1 Westbrook Corporate Center Suite 560
Westchester, IL 60154 USA
- For EEA Customers or Residents:
Attn: GDPR Team
308 Mesogeion Ave.
Holargos 15562 Attiki Greece
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within 30 days.
Revised June 28, 2018