What Constitutes a Successful SAP Merger or Acquisition?
Considering all the snags that can potentially develop during a merger or carve-out, what needs to happen during the process to ensure success? What steps must be correctly completed? Important goals of the SAP M&A process include:
- Compliance with deadlines – Failure to go-live within the scheduled timeframe can result in severe financial consequences for the organizations involved.
- No adverse impact on RemainCo – The entity from which data is being transferred must be able to operate normally during the carve-out
- Complete reintegration – Because SAP is integrated into a business’ operational processes, conducting a successful data migration requires undoing that integration and then carefully reintegrating SAP into the acquiring company.
In order to minimize the risk posed by these kinds of delays and errors, it is extremely important to choose the right partner to oversee the M&A process.
Selecting a Partner
What do you need in an SAP M&A partner? You want to find a partner with a proven track record in managing mergers and acquisitions without causing negative impact to the operations of any participating entity.
Protera has a 100% success rate in managing the transfer and consolidation of SAP systems in mergers and acquisitions. Our SAP carve-out approach ensures the smooth transfer of assets with zero risk, providing clients with:
- Transparency – Organizations are provided with a statement of work (SoW) that outlines the various stages of the project, relevant timelines, and other pertinent information. All concerned entities are given the opportunity to sign off on the project.
- Detailed methodology – Protera performs a thorough analysis of the project’s scope prior to commencement, which gives us an opportunity to devise a detailed execution plan.
- End-to-end project management – Protera manages all stages and integration points, so involvement from multiple firms is unnecessary. This bolsters data security and eliminates redundant activity.
Since 1998, Protera has provided SAP-centric organizations with a wide range of ITO services, including SAP hosting, managed cloud, and application services. Use the form below to reach out with any questions; we would be happy to assist you.